The FBI received a record number of applications for agents during the first full month of Director Kash Patel’s time in office as the Trump administration looks to reshape the agency.
Fox News Digital reported that the FBI received 5,577 applications last month, breaking the previous record of 5,283 from April 2016.
“Director Patel and Deputy Director [Dan] Bongino have put a major emphasis on restoring confidence in federal law enforcement and boosting new agent recruiting,” FBI spokesman Ben Williamson said in a statement Wednesday. “These record early returns certainly suggest the new FBI is heading in the right direction.”
The agency reported that it received more than 10,000 new agent applications since President Donald Trump took office in January. During that month, the FBI received more than 4,000 applications, the most in one month since August 2020.
“The record number of FBI job applications in March shows that people are inspired by Kash Patel’s commitment to restoring integrity and effectiveness at the bureau,” Patel advisor Erica Knight said in a statement on Wednesday. “Americans are putting their trust in his leadership to rebuild the FBI and keep our communities safe.”
© 2025 Newsmax. All rights reserved.
Comments